7 Incredible Things to do in Bali
Bali is an immensely beautiful place with its pristine beaches, exuberant scenery, and welcoming people. It is a must-visit island which gives you the pleasure to rejuvenate and relax yourself leaving all your worries at home. But then again, Bali is much more than lush greens and beaches. Over the last decade, Bali has transformed itself to be recognized for extreme sports, its nightlife, unique dining experiences and a lot more. Gear up to read exciting Things to do in Bali and be prepared to get thrilled.
- Water sports: I have always been one of those who loves to try anything which has “adventurous” as an adjective. If you are anything like me, Bali gives you the chance to experience it all. From flying in the air to reaching ocean depths, Bali is renowned for water sports and the adrenaline rush.
There are numerous options to choose from. I would recommend to get over your fear and do them all. When was the last time you let yourself free?
From Leonardo DiCaprio to Ryan Reynolds, every superstar has tried their hands on this valiant sport and done it gracefully. Straight out of action scenes, Flyboarding is meant for people who can balance their bodies well. High water pressure from nozzles keeps you flying high in the air reaching 15 meters sometimes.
Time taken: 20-25 minutes.
Charges: $75 per person.
Location: Tanjung Benoa Beach, Nusa Dua.
- Flying fish: This was another activity that I tried for the first time in Bali. They make you lie down straight in a rubber boat which is in the form of a fish. From there you are taken mid-air during the ride. What makes it more thrilling is you aren’t tied or there are no safety gears except the life jacket. I actually felt like a Bird flying freely in the air. It was exhilaration at its peak!
Time taken: You are flown twice in the air irrespective of the time
Location: Tanjung Benoa Beach, Nusa Dua.
Other activities found on Tanjung Benoa Beach Nusa Dua include Banana boat ride, Jetskiing, Rolling Donut, Snorkelling, Parasailing, Tandem Parasailing, Seawalker, Scuba Diving and Turtle Island tour. To know more about the details of each sport, the cost or bookings please click http://www.water-sports-bali.com/
- Spa: Bali is considered a place to revitalize yourself and what better way to do that than to spend a day getting a Spa treatment.A range of experiences is available to choose from – Couple spas, Outdoor treatments, grand views and exotic experiences. You can opt for traditional Balinese remedies using a mixture of powdered cloves and cinnamon or you can opt for a variety of Body wraps including Clay, Neem, Cucumber Aloe, Papaya Enzyme, Spicy Herbals etc.
Visit Bali for a holistic experience. Rejuvenate yourself physically, spiritually and intellectually for your wellness that focuses on improving your overall health and happiness.
- Evening at the Uluwatu: If you are searching for calm and serene, spend an evening at the Uluwatu Temple. It is situated on a cliff and gives you a magnificent view of the Indian ocean. Reach there a little before sunset (preferably 4PM) to make sure you secure a place to sit and watch the sunset.
Experience the tranquility and magnificence of Sunset along with an orange ocean at the beautiful Uluwatu Temple.
Best time to visit: 4 PM – 7 PM
- Nightlife at Kuta beach: Kuta’s consistent waves make it a popular surf spot. Board rentals and surf lessons are easy to obtain. Now, for those who don’t know, Kuta is a small village which is renowned for its happening nightlife. Once the sun sets you will find thrilling night time scene with its selection of posh restaurants, bars, clubs and hang out spots. If you enjoy live music you can visit the Hard Rock café or if you are one of those who likes to party like there’s no tomorrow, head over to The Bounty Ship which is designed in form of a pirate ship and always has a packed dance floor. If you are looking to spend a quiet evening, then you can enjoy the Beach bars at Kuta or Seminyak.
Some are late clubbing venues that are open as late as 04:00 in the morning, while others are huge bars that transform into livelier spots with exhilarating dance floors!
- Enjoy your hotel to the fullest: Bali has every type of hotel that you can think of. You have grand villas, budget hotels, Safari Lodge, infinity pools, treehouse rooms, eco-retreats, tent rooms and everything else that you can imagine. Phew! There is so much to choose from that you can opt to divide your vacation and stay in 2-3 hotels during your whole stay. There are numerous websites available that will help you decide which hotel to pick according to your taste and budget.
If it’s a family vacation, I highly recommend staying at the Marriot hotel in the Nusa Dua area. It has a lagoon pool with beautiful rooms that open to garden on one side and pools on the other end. But what makes it worth mentioning is the hospitality and conduct of the Housekeeping staff that made us feel welcomed and loved during our whole stay at the Hotel.
If you are one of the Honeymoon couples, you should check out the posh Bulgari Resort made on a clifftop with waves hitting the rocks below you or the Ayana resort and spa rejoice your love with a milieu of infinity pools. Also, Sangkar restaurant in Bulgari Resort is considered one of the best hotels in Bali to try and experiment the Indonesian cuisine with along with an aesthetic ambiance.
- Fine Dine: Bali also offers you interesting Dining experiences. You can dine at huts, in the wild, on the beaches, in plush restaurants or in Greece too. There is a beautiful restaurant Ju Ma Na at Banyan Tree Ungasan which is an exact replica of Santorini, Greece making you think you have traveled to another continent. It is perched on a clifftop 70-metre high and you can enjoy the oceanic breeze along with stargazing making it a delightful hangout place. The menu also consists of promising French dishes with signature cocktail drinks making it worth every penny.
Read on to find some remarkable restaurant options available in Bali. Candle light dinners, beautiful ambiance, private setting, panoramic view, infinity pools and amazing delicious tasty treats are what these restaurants promise.
- Another evening at Tanah Lot: Tanah Lot Temple is renowned for its architectural beauty and spectacular sunset. It is located atop a large offshore rock. During high tides, with the water level too high, this architectural beauty appears to be floating in the water. Sometimes during high tide, it becomes impossible to enter the temple premises, as it becomes an isolated island. Also, there are many legendary stories associated with this place which can be heard from the locals or the tour guides present there.
Tanah lot is famous for its picturesque scenery during sunsets. It offers a beautiful view and is considered as a romantic spot to enjoy the sun setting below the horizon. After enjoying the spectacular sunset, you can then head over to restaurants located nearby to enjoy traditional Bali food.
Best time to visit: 4PM – 7PM
Along with peaceful atmosphere and fresh air, Bali promises to de-stress and recharge you. You not only take hundreds of pictures back with you but thousands of memories spent at the beautiful destinations designed by nature. Warm sunshine with soothing sounds of the ocean is what makes Bali an ideal place for vacation.